Located at the intersection of theatre history, gender studies and Digital Humanities, ROLECALL is an open-access online database that charts the speech of characters in European theatre during the Early Modern period (16th and 17th centuries). Such an instrument allows scholars and students of Renaissance and Baroque drama to trace and compare different dynamics of protagonism on the early modern European stage.
- Additions #35: 73 Dutch Plays (Vondel, Bredero, Hooft, Vos, etc.)
- Additions #34: 87 Plays from England, Spain, France, Italy, Portugal…
- Additions #33: 222 Pieces from England, Spain, Portugal, Germany, France, Italy…
- Additions #32: Spanish and English Plays
- Additions #31: Calderón, Cavendish, French Plays (Catherine Durand, Dufresny, etc.) and More
This database remains a ‘work in progress’, and we welcome any feedback and/or suggestions for improving our project (including if you spot any mistakes!).